We gather to share food and conversation after Sunday services on the third Sunday of alternating months. That is, we will have potlucks in February, April, June, August, October, and December unless otherwise announced. When in doubt, email the clerk at to confirm.
We ask that you include a label on your dishes indicating whether or not it is vegetarian. We also strongly suggest that you label any dishware or utensils that you intend to keep.
What is daily Bible study?
Daily Bible study is an important part of Christian Science. Because the topics are published in advance in the Christian Science Quarterly, students are able to study the sermon using Bible commentaries, dictionaries and internet research well in advance of the time they hear the topic at the service.
This church maintains a Reading Room in downtown Chico that is open to the public as a resource for their spiritual study.
What are your services like?
Information about our services can be found at this link.
What is Christian Science?
Four Talks from Healing 101
You can follow this link to enjoy four lectures from Healing 101, a four week lecture series for learners of all ages. Each talk will last approximately one hour.
Healing 101 Lecture Series
What do you believe?
Our church Tenets are found on page 497 of our textbook,Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures by Mary Baker Eddy:
1. As adherents of Truth, we take the inspired Word of the Bible as our sufficient guide to eternal Life.
2. We acknowledge and adore one supreme and in‐ finite God. We acknowledge His Son, one Christ; the Holy Ghost or divine Comforter; and man in God's image and likeness.
3. We acknowledge God's forgiveness of sin in the destruction of sin and the spiritual understanding that casts out evil as unreal. But the belief in sin is punished so long as the belief lasts.
4. We acknowledge Jesus' atonement as the evidence of divine, efficacious Love, unfolding man's unity with God through Christ Jesus the Way-shower; and we acknowledge that man is saved through Christ, through Truth, Life, and Love as demonstrated by the Galilean Prophet in healing the sick and overcoming sin and death.
5. We acknowledge that the crucifixion of Jesus and his resurrection served to uplift faith to understand eternal Life, even the allness of Soul, Spirit, and the nothingness of matter.
6. And we solemnly promise to watch, and pray for that Mind to be in us which was also in Christ Jesus; to do unto others as we would have them do unto us; and to be merciful, just, and pure.